Austrian photographer Sebastian Holzknecht was born in Tyrol in 1983. After finishing high school and completing a media studies program, he began his training as a photographer, which he successfully completed in 2012. In 2015, he earned his master’s degree in Image Sciences from Danube University Krems. Since 2011, he has been teaching in the field of photography and media.
His photographic focuses are in portrait, reportage, and documentary photography. His works have received multiple international awards.
– The Taylor Wessing Photo Portrait Prize – Selected Artist (UK)
– Photo Biennale Berlin – Best Documentary Portrait
– The Pollux Awards – “Portrait Photographer of the Year – Professional Section” (UK)
– National Portrait Gallery – London
– Millenium Gallery – Sheffield
– Palazzo Italia – Berlin
– Artpassage – Milan
– Center for Photographic Art – New York
– Galerie Spielmann – Ehrwald